Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Documentary Project


I am inspired by the decisions people make in life that define them.  In this documentary I explored the passion of a small town farmer and his struggle with the decision to sell his land to developers.   This man is my father and I have seen first hand his love for his farm.  And the fulfillment and joy it brings him every morning as he walks through his peach orchard, calculating each stage of growth waiting for the peak moment to harvest.  Having grown up on a farm and working with the land during his 86 years of life, the choice to sell his farmland to developers has been a difficult one. Approximately 30 acres of his precious farmland now hold homes and businesses. As I focused on documenting my father’s relationship to his current and past properties I was touched by photography’s power to tell a story. My hope is that these images of my dad and mom will be a valuable piece of history for my children but also something of significance to the city of Orem.





























No comments:

Post a Comment